Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A New Year


2008, I’m a day late to talk about New Year aren’t I? Well, no matter late is better than never. 2007 was a great year for me I’ll say. For one who has lived the past 15 years in peaceful uneventful land, 2007 was like going to the rough ocean. Now, it’s the year 2008 already.

Before 2007 I was basically a nobody. I was practically just a normal quiet student who does nothing but play and study (not to say I study much though). Until 2007 I start to be more noticeable. I was back into scouts then getting a QM post, going for interact meetings then getting a membership director post, somehow got to be an assistant monitor although quite a useless one, realizing my interests thus planning future becomes possible and change due to certain reasons. Certain reasons not just a few though.

Those are basically the main things for me in 2007. Now in 2008 I just wish change in the way I want. I can’t see myself being successful yet but I’ll definitely keep trying. Being form 5 next year many of my same age friends are planning to put priority on SPM. I’m really sick of hearing people saying about SPM. My priority is on changing to be able to lead and not be a wimp. I won’t neglect my studies till I fail my subject but it’s not my priority to get straight A. It’s not even in my list.

There are certain things I realized in this New Year though I will not write out what is it. If asked I might tell but it’s only a ‘might’. Ahh, getting a bit too long. Wasn’t planning to write so long, sorry.

Peace
Damian Leong

No comments: