Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Step Down

It’s already the 8th month of the year. SPM coming near, AGMs either passed or coming soon, people are talking about college and universities. It’s not so far from the end of school life. Recently stepped down from my interact post and soon will be stepping down from my QM post. Inter-house games passed a few weeks ago as well, my last gold medal from school life.

Reaching this stage made me realize how much I have missed from form 1 until form 3. So many things I have missed, so many memories I could have gotten from all those years but I’ve wasted it. I guess that’s why I’ve been more active than others these 2 years. A lot of memories are made in these 2 years, many times I wish I could stay but we got to grow up. We have to move on to another stage of life.

Another thing I realized is I haven’t been doing a good job at all with my responsibilities. All these while I’ve been doing things but it seems most of it are not my own responsibilities. I’ve failed thoroughly as a membership director, I shall not elaborate on that. As a troop QM, I believe I have failed as well. I commit myself to scouts as a COH, as a PLC but not as a QM.

I did a lot of QM stuff, that’s a fact but what I’ve done is mere equipment maintenance. I used to believe I’m very suited for this post before I stepped up. After I did for a few months I realized I was wrong. Things usually won’t turn out the way you expect it to be. Never commit in too many things as well. It’s very natural to get exhausted.

Before I get my QM post I always thought if I have the chance to become the troop leader. I have always wondered up till now whether I had chance to or not. I also wondered what if I were the TL. I guess it all don’t matter anymore. It’s time to move for the next stage, to the next stage.


Don’t rest for the reaching end, move for the coming beginning


Yu

No comments: