Friday, December 26, 2008

Acknowledgement

Up till this moment I’ve achieved nothing worthy of acknowledgement. I’m just a slightly above average student. I have no big achievements in my school life. Whether in my academic, sports, club or uniformed unit I’m just at most slightly above average. I’m never considered to be anything near amazing. I always had the chance to but I had never reached out to grab the opportunities. I never dared to. Soon it’ll be phase and new sets of opportunities will be open.

It annoys me very much to be looked down upon. It so happens within my home that’s what happens. In many areas I may be incapable but can’t they just stop focusing on them and look at what I’m capable in? I got a freaking score of IQ 180 in the MENSA test for god’s sake. I dream to achieve more than just a high pay and good job. In fact, that’s not even near to what I want to achieve. It’s true I don’t have any inspiration to what I wish to create yet but inspiration comes in a sudden okay. Maybe stop discouraging and try to give me some idea?

Many people actually think my specialty is in mathematics. That’s quite stupid actually. I’m not good in mathematics. I’m not gifted with numbers at all. What I’m good at is not counting. It’s understanding, analyzing, interpreting and visualizing. Trust me. I’m capable of more than what most people know. Never underestimate me. I’ll feel insulted.

Never underestimate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's normal to be 'looked down' upon. It's usual to be called 'silly' because what you aspire is probably beyond someone else's imagination.

Sometimes, you have to reevaluate youself whether what you have done all these years deserve support or not. Not many people can see through your mind. Sometimes you have to show people that you deserve it.

Family members, they are not really looking down at you, they just want you to take a safe route through life, don't take risk, live happilly ever after. That's what family members usually want. Though sometimes they fail to see that happiness has different definitions. But you can't blame someone if he doesn't share your mentality.

Whatever it is, don't EXPECT support. When you do get it, it's only a bonus.